Molecular Engineering Research Associate
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and basic and applied biological research. The five-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Molecular Engineering group to run and maintain the high-throughput sequencing and genomic detection pipeline. The ideal candidate will interact closely with Scientists and other RAs to support sequencing, droplet digital PCR, and cell-based screening activities and will participate in the design and implementation of automated workflows.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare sequencing libraries on a high-throughput automated platform
- Develop and implement standard protocols to generate custom sequencing libraries (e.g. amplicon, whole genome, RNA-Seq)
- Develop and implement workflows for droplet digital PCR
- Run and maintain Illumina sequencing systems to meet priorities and deadlines
- Coordinate with other functional groups to plan and execute high-throughput workflows
- Compile and analyze data to support/contribute to technical reports
- Manage and order supplies and maintain equipment to meet company quality standards
Candidate must possess:
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Genetics or Molecular Biology
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Hands-on experience with preparation of Illumina sequencing libraries
- Hands-on experience with droplet digital PCR
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with laboratory automation systems
- Experience with common sequence data analysis software packages
- Basic programming or bioinformatics skills
- M.Sc. or equivalent in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Genetics or Molecular Biology
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio (https://twitter.com/cariboubio).
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
No phone calls please. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.