Manager, Manufacturing Planning & Scheduling
Paragon Bioservices, Inc. (PBI) is a growing Biotech Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with an internationally recognized tradition of quality and service. Paragon Bioservices provides process development and GMP manufacturing services for Phase I/II clinical trials to industry leaders as well as innovative start-ups utilizing novel technologies to produce state-of-the-art vaccines and therapies for people when they are most in need. As a PBI employee, you will actively contribute to the delivery of our services and products to our customers and their patients.
The Manager, Manufacturing & Planning will have the following key responsibilities:
- Understand planning policies and procedures
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing strategic and optimal production plans.
- MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Evaluate key performance indicators and drive improvements through strategy adjustments.
- Monitors production performance and assures that MRP parameters are in line with demonstrated performances.
- Communicates effectively with manufacturing managers, supervisors, and schedulers to assure production plans and schedules.
- Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions.
- Experience in building plans to meet financial targets.
- Experience in bottleneck management using the Theory of Constraints.
- Optimize supply chain to minimize waste.
- Negotiates with the manufacturing team to develop strategies to meet planning targets.
- Manage new part release planning data and participate in New Product Initiative teams.
- Participate in planning performance metrics: WIP and finished goods inventory levels, customer service levels, work order management, manufacturing capacity, and quality metrics.
- Process improvement capability.
- Has contact with all levels of company employees.
- Negotiates and exchanges information with all levels of management.
- Drives a strategic vision of production through a diverse set of stakeholders including manufacturing, planning, scheduling, quality, and facilities.
- Works and communicates with external business partners on subject matter that can carry significant impacts to the business.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelors degree and 8 years manufacturing or manufacturing scheduling experience in a GMP regulated environment
- Advanced skills in Excel and ERP and/or another ERP system.
- Experience in working towards Lean production ideal
Project management experience
Paragon Bioservices is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics