Research Associate/Senior Research Associate—Neuroscience (RWC)
Teva Pharmaceuticals - Research Associate/Senior Research Associate—Neuroscience (RWC)
Teva Pharmaceuticals, Biologics Division, located in Redwood City, is seeking a highly motivated research associate with a strong background in ligand/receptor biology to participate in the discovery and validation of novel biotherapeutics for the treatment of refractive pain and neurodegenerative conditions.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will be the development, optimization and execution of cell-based and biochemical assays to support biotherapeutic lead discovery and to investigate the mechanism of action of candidate lead molecules. The successful candidate will be expected to independently manage small projects, work to tight timelines and contribute to the management of laboratory operations.
- BS or MA in cell biology, neuroscience, pharmacology, biochemistry, immunology or related field
- For an RA position, at least 1 year of experience in a lab outside of class requirements (eg- internship, biotech, pharma). For a Senior RA position, at least 5 years of experience in biotech or pharma is preferred
- Prior hands-on experience in a variety of in vitro cellular and biochemical techniques to analyze receptor biology, including cell-based phenotypic assays, ELISAs, flow cytometry and microscopy
- Prior experience in ligand/receptor biology (particularly GPCR and ion channel biology), neuropeptide mediated pain signaling and/or biotherapeutic drug discovery is highly desirable
- Must be self-motivated and proactive with strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Must have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be capable of working independently, but also as an effective team player in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as effective listening and interpersonal skills