At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross-functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
We’re looking for a talented and organized team player to work at a fast-paced startup. This individual will be eager and enthusiastic, and someone who wants to take on many responsibilities. In essence, this position requires someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to push product development forward.
- Implement novel and existing NGS applications
- Develop, optimize and perform NGS workflow steps, including sample preparation, library preparation, amplification and sequencing
- Perform molecular biology assay development on GenapSys’ sequencing and sample preparation platforms
- Data-driven - critically analyze and derive insights from experimental data, esp. NGS data, using standard and custom NGS bioinformatics tools
- Independently design experimental plans, execute experiments, perform in-depth data analysis, and present results and conclusions for internal review. Demonstrate exceptional time management skills and a ‘can do’ approach to the challenges at hand
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary organization
- Ph.D. level Scientist with outstanding expertise in genomics, molecular biology, and product development. Preferably 2+ years of experience after PhD in industry or academic setting.
- Background in either: Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Cell Biology or similar.
- Extensive hands-on experience with nucleic acid and sample preparation technologies is a must.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on assay development experience with genomic applications such as resequencing (SNV and indel), structural variations (CNV, translocation, etc.), metagenomics, and transcriptomics is absolutely required.
- Being in the loop of current and evolving trends in the NGS field is highly desirable.
- Taking an analytical approach to problem solving (experience with statistical tools for experimental analysis, e.g. Excel, Matlab, JMP).
- Familiarity with genomic databases and standard bioinformatics tool, preferably experienced with custom analysis tools, e.g. Matlab, Pearl, R.
- Understanding and experience in product development is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated independence in leading projects and trouble-shooting.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO and Kaiser Medical (including for dependents)
- Excellent Dental and Vision through Guardian
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Stocked kitchen and beverages, daily catered gourmet lunches
- Weekly Fancy High Tea and Happy Hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and growth opportunities
At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimer's, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour. The company was incorporated in early 2010 and is funded by leading firms in both venture and institutional capital. We have built an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – join our team and be part of the adventure!