Scientist, Senior Scientist, Principal Scientist - Antibody Engineering
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are seeking a Ph.D. level scientist with expertise in antibody engineering/protein engineering to join our Antibody Group.
- Design, build and screen yeast or other display libraries to discover therapeutic antibodies
- Optimize therapeutic antibodies through humanization, affinity maturation and manufacturability engineering
- Characterize antibodies using methods such as ELISA, FACS, sequence analysis etc.
- Develop new technologies to optimize/compliment current in house process
- Working with Biologists and other project team members to advance our research pipeline
- Ph.D. in Biology
- Strong publication record
- Broad and deep experience in molecular Biology is a must
- Technical proficiency and hands on experience in antibody display (phage, yeast or mammalian cell), or antibody engineering such as humanization, affinity maturation is required
- Candidates with strong structural biology, protein modeling and engineering background will also be considered
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply Now"