Research Scientist - Analytical
The Analytical Research and Development organization strives to deliver creative medicines to patients through the development and commercialization of novel small molecules and synthetic peptides. This organization is a multidisciplinary group that works collaboratively with our discovery and manufacturing colleagues. Located in Indianapolis, scientists have full access to our scientific excellence, state of the art technologies, and engineering capabilities.
Are you an expert scientist with a real passion for method development? Do you seek opportunities to collaborate with top scientific talent and technologies? As a research scientist in our analytical group, you are responsible for the development of all or part of our analytical control strategies. You will directly support the development, qualification, and validation to support in-process, release, characterization analysis, and stability testing of active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products. You will work to support product development through the use of state of the art analytical and characterization methods. You will support our discovery, toxicology, cell culture, purification, formulation and manufacturing organizations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversight for method transfers to development, quality control laboratories, or third party personnel.
- Mentoring, training, and administration of performance management to personnel (primarily, but not limited to, direct reports).
- Ensure work and team activities are aligned with all relevant development quality, regulatory, HSE, GLP, and GMP requirements.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Ph.D in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Chemistry experience with knowledge of analytical technologies preferred.
- Problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstration of scientific leadership skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Experience with the drug development process, including knowledge of regulatory compliance issues preferred.
- Experience with the supervision of direct reports.
- Experience or interest in high-throughput methods/automation.
- Fundamental knowledge of cGMP/GLP compliance requirements.