The Analytical Research and Development organization strives to deliver creative medicines to patients through the development and commercialization of novel BioProducts and Synthetic Peptides. This organization is a multidisciplinary group that works collaboratively with our discovery and manufacturing colleagues. Located in Indianapolis, scientists have full access to our scientific excellence, state of the art technologies, and engineering capabilities.
Are you an expert scientist with a passion for Biophysical method development? Do you seek opportunities to collaborate with top scientific talent and technologies? As a research scientist in our analytical group, you are responsible for the development of Biophysical tools, conducting Biophysical characterization and comparability studies. You will directly support the development and characterization analysis of active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products. You will work to support product development through the use of state of the art analytical and characterization methods. You will support our discovery, toxicology, cell culture, purification, formulation and manufacturing organizations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Biophysical method development and potential technology transfer to third party personnel.
- Conducting comparability studies for early and late phase drug substances and drug products to support product development and commercialization.
- Coaching, training, and administration of performance management to personnel (primarily, but not limited to, direct reports).
- Ensure work and team activities are aligned with all relevant development quality, regulatory, HSE, GLP, and GMP requirements where applicable.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world
- PhD in Chemistry or related scientific discipline
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
- Knowledge of analytical technologies preferred.
- Problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstration of scientific leadership skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Experience with the drug development process, including knowledge of regulatory compliance issues preferred.
- Experience with the supervision of direct reports.
- Experience or interest in high-throughput methods/automation