Director, Product Management
At Twist Bioscience Corporation, we work in service of customers who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as healthcare, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, by using our synthetic DNA tools, our customers are developing ways to better lives and improve the sustainability of the planet. We believe that the faster our customers succeed, the better for all of us, and Twist Bioscience is uniquely positioned to help accelerate their efforts.
The Director, Product Management will manage the creation and portfolio of Twist Bioscience products. The role includes responsibility for establishing long-term platform strategy, meeting plan revenue and profitability targets, price-setting/margin strategies, long and short-term forecasting and supply chain management, providing up-to-date product content/information and supporting customer relationship efforts.
Additionally, the role includes determining novel, innovative and overall better ways to solve customer problems and providing leadership in the development and delivery of cutting-edge products and solutions that meet customer needs.
The Director, Product Management will lead opportunity identification, platform, and product definition and work with Sales and Marketing to ensure effective portfolio positioning and successful launches into the marketplace.
- Identifies, analyzes, and articulates market insight, customer needs, buying preferences, and value proposition for target segments that drive successful development and delivery of products and services.
- Collaborates in the development of long-term portfolio planning and develops strategic price-setting strategies and long-term platform and product roadmap for platform and product development.
- Leverages Twist scientific product strengths to drive technology investment choices, platform/product development options, and strategic pricing for category success.
- Drives development of product and platform roadmaps that successfully merge customer needs (articulated and latent), customer requirements with technology developments for category success.
- Sizes market opportunities and profit pools for new product development.
- Provides valuable insight to the product generation process and ensures successful preparation of products for launch into the marketplace
- Produces comprehensive, effective and actionable product plans.
- Utilizes customer and competitive knowledge to drive differentiated product positioning for a product line or platform and smooth transition of new product in the in-market portfolio.
- · Master’s Degree in science, marketing or business management.
- · Product Management experience in next generation sequencing market.
- · 5+ years experience in the life science or medical device arenas in a management role.
- · Strong understanding of next generation sequencing technologies, market drivers and customer needs.
- · Successful track record of achieving results through and in collaboration with others.
- · Proficient in understanding, analyzing and summarizing comprehensive and complex technical, financial, market and research information/data.
- · Excellent analytical, communications—both oral and written, and project management skills
MBA is a plus;
Experience in DNA molecular biology-based techniques
Experience in the synthetic biology sector
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience is an equal opportunity and an e-verify employer.