Application Scientist, Bioinformatics
Twist is looking for a Application Scientist to serve as a primary technical field contact for Twist’s customers and to be an integral part of our Sales team. The FAS will function as a liaison between the customer and Twist. In this capacity he/ she is responsible for the pre- and post-sales technical support and market development activities for Twist’s complex products including custom DNA libraries and oligo pools. Prior experience with process development and manufacturing of complex biological products is essential to enable translation of customer requirements to internal teams.
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Twist’s capabilities and product offering with customers
- Provide bioinformatics support for NGS data analysis to support customers troubleshooting.
- Support custom NGS panel design utilizing an existing design work flow to meet customers design expectations (White Glove Service)
- Provide application support for pre- and post- sales activities for Twist’s product portfolio for the NGS portfolio
- Create bioinformatics analysis tools to assist in building an Application Interface for custom panel designs
- Extensive local and regional travel (30-50% time) to work in the field with Sales, attend meetings with key customers, provide training, and participate in trade shows
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and provide leads for the sales team
- Support sales team in technical discussions, presentations, and meetings with customers
- Provide high level technical support to the customer in discussing and design requirements and providing guidance or input on experiments related to use of Twist’s products
- Liaise between customer, sales team, product management, and other internal teams including R&D and Production.
- Network with customers and provide feedback to Product Marketing on customer requirements for new applications or products
- Keep informed of competitive market information at industry seminars, trade shows, and conferences and provide reports on trends to Sales and Product Management
- Keep abreast of all research development in the field and summarizing for the team
- 3-5 years commercial experience
- MS/PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Engineering, or related field
- Strong technical knowledge of NGS applications and bioinformatics required to support NGS data analysis & target enrichment panel design.
- Experience with perl, python, bash scripting, AWS, and UI/UX design
- Advanced knowledge of, and practical experience in biotechnology product development
- A successful candidate will have both NGS and FAS experience
- Requires flexibility in working hours to support multiple time zones
- High attention to detail
- High self-motivation and must have demonstrated ability to work in collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of customer support and use of CRM system a plus
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.