Packaging & Shipping Specialist
Twist Bioscience is looking for a Packaging & Shipping Specialist. This position requires interaction with Manufacturing, Customer Support, and Supply Chain teams to assure flawless execution in order fulfillment. In this role you will: verify products match with sales orders and packing slips, package products, book FedEx shipments, and carefully QC at each step. This role will also be active in identifying problems, driving solutions, and pursuing continuous improvement of the process.
Primary roles and responsibilities include but not are limited to:
- Preparation, QC, and shipment of finished goods according to SOP, assuring on-time and accurate shipments.
- Maintain a highly organized work environment (5S) to facilitate a smooth flow of material, system data, and documents during order fulfillment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Resolving problems with transportation carriers and internal colleagues.
- Clear and efficient communication skills with colleagues across the organization.
- Experience in roles where attention to detail and documentation is critical to success.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience with order fulfillment (pick/pack/QC/ship) of custom products is ideal.
- Functional knowledge of international shipping, booking shipments, and inventory control.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN mfg environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of time while performing duties around the corporate site.
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools, and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection, and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.