Automation Engineer/Sr Automation Engineer
Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Automation Engineering position to join our Synthetic DNA manufacturing team. As a lead member of the automation engineering team, your primary responsibility will be to develop hardware and processes necessary for the production of Synthetic DNA. You will be responsible for inventing, developing and managing the robotic handling of liquids, cells and DNA.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Programming robotic liquid handling systems for processing of microliter amounts of synthetic DNA, cells, and reagents
- Developing tooling, hardware, and software for high-throughput DNA synthesis and processing
- Operation of a range of scientific instruments and tools
- Developing documentation and training instrument operators
- 5+ years experience in operating and programming robotic liquid handlers such as Hamiltons and Tecans
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field & 5+ years relevant industry experience. Advanced degree preferred
- Expert in designing and writing scripts using control software native to liquid handling instruments
- Experience with biology instrumentation used for PCR, cell-based cloning, mini-prep extraction and purification is a huge plus.
- Experience with sample tracking software and developed interfaces between robotic instrumentation and LIM systems
- Excellent scientific computation and data analysis capabilities
- Ability to work with biologists and chemists to transfer assays and processes from the lab bench to automated instruments for production
- Excellent communication and writing skills, very organized and ability to work in a fast paced team environment
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.