Exec Dir, GP&MA, Myeloid, Lymphoma / CLL
Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Pricing & Market Access (P&MA) function in Celgene is responsible for ensuring patient access and achieving reimbursement for our products through demonstration of value to payers, physicians and healthcare systems. This is achieved through the development of strong product value propositions supported by robust clinical and economic evidence. In addition to product-specific value demonstration and price setting, the P&MA function is also responsible for monitoring the evolving external market access landscape, for developing and advocating Celgene's position with respect to P&MA strategy and policy and for contributing to the expansion of access for our products to patients in new and emerging markets.
This Global Pricing & Market Access Myeloid, Lymphoma / CLL position will lead the team that supports Celgene's Myeloid, Lymphoma / CLL portfolio across Hematology / Oncology (HemOnc) including Celgene's marketed and development pipeline. This position reports directly to the VP of Global Pricing and Market Access HemOnc and will be a member of the Global Pricing and Market Access HemOnc Leadership Team. This Executive Director will have direct reports who will be responsible for leading the development of the P&MA strategy and the execution of P&MA activities for multiple assests. The Executive director will represent the Global Pricing and Market Access function at Disease Strategy teams and at the relevant G3M (Global Medical affairs, Marketing and Market Access) teams.
The role requires cross-functional engagement, collaborative and strategic mindset, business acumen and strong leadership skills.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage direct reports with global responsibly for the portfolio.
• Represent the function and provide leadership and strategic direction for the Myeloid, Lymphoma / CLL portfolio from P&MA and business perspective.
• Input to clinical development programs and informing of Pricing and Market Access potential across disease states for Myeloid and Lymphoma / CLL disease spaces.
• Identification of payer needs (unmet medical need, suitable comparators and competitive space) and anticipation of their reaction to Celgene lifecycle products.
• Work closely with the G8 and International teams to support and enhance access to our marketed products across the regions.
• Develop global pricing recommendations for late stage products.
• Execution of a plan to address identified gaps through HEOR studies, publications, messaging and influencing.
• Development of the product's value proposition and steering the development of the product value repositories (Health Economic model, value story, commercial toolkit).
• Protocol design for health economic studies and integration of payer relevant endpoints in the clinical development plan.
• Commissioning and preparation of health economic & outcomes research analyses necessary for reimbursement submissions & competitive messaging.
• 15 years of experience in healthcare, with significant experience in Pharmaceutical Industry Pricing, Reimbursement, Health Economics and Outcomes Research; Work experience in pharmaceutical pricing, health economics, outcomes research, strategic marketing or related fields; Experience with complex pharmaceutical treatments, in particularly oncology or immunology, and hands-on experience in supporting product launches; Familiarity with economic modeling, Health related QoL and Healthcare Resource Utilization Analyses preferred; PharmD, MBA, Biology / Chemistry degrees a plus.
• Proven track record in pricing, reimbursement and market access.
• Has a solid knowledge of HEOR methodology and global pricing and reimbursement requirements and has an in-depth understanding of payers and their perspective in the key worldwide markets, as well trends in pricing & reimbursement.
• Previous work in International/European setting preferred.
• Experience leading and managing a team of pricing and market access professionals.
• Significant experience working closely with senior corporate leaders.
• Orphan drug development experience preferred.
• Results oriented and excellent analytic and collaboration skills.
• An in-depth understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of the pharmaceutical industry, demonstrated integrity on work-related compliance considerations and solid ethics.
• Has ability to identify key product advantages in the context of market requirements and provides key ideas for developing individual value stories around Celgene's products.
• Can effectively liaise with Celgene Global franchise teams as well as Celgene's local and regional teams, creating an efficient working style within a diverse organizational matrix.
• Drive high standards for individual and team accomplishment, develop talent.
• Effectively manage annual budget and resource allocation process.Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.