Head - Molecular Profiling
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This position plays a key role in furthering Regeneron's ability to advance our targets from discovery to clinical applications, and to identify clinical biomarkers and strategies that help drive our development decisions. This position will lead a team of 25 scientific staff (both wet and dry labs) to develop and deliver innovative genomics solution.
This team collaborates with and supports all of the therapeutic areas in Regeneron (Infectious Disease, Oncology, Immunology & Inflammation, I/O, Cardiovascular, Fibrosis, Muscle, Skeletal, Ophthalmology, Metabolism, and Neuroscience) as well as interacts with the Regeneron's tech centers (Velocigene, VI-Next and Functional modeling), Regeneron Genetics Center and the Early Clinical Sciences teams.
Lead the analyses of proprietary and public data to support Regeneron targets and clinical pipeline; this including target identification, target advancement, biomarker discovery, toxicology studies, and clinical profiling data
Evaluates processes across the team; identifies best practices and standardizes the data delivery across therapeutic areas; leads team in systematic data analysis and resolution processes for project advancement.
Provides the necessary oversight to assess novel and emerging technologies to maintain state-of-the-art molecular profiling and analytical platforms; such as, but not limited to single-cell sequencing and genomic data integration.
- PhD in, bioinformatics, quantitative sciences, or other related disciplines with at least 10-15 years of experience leading a team in industry or academia
- Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing and Molecular Biology is required
- Expertise in at least 2-3 of the therapeutic areas of interest at Regeneron
- Expert knowledge of the current techniques in bioinformatics, systems and computational biology, and ability to provide mentoring in basic bioinformatics principles
- Demonstrated and repeated ability to develop innovative methodologies and analytical plans that furthered the understanding of biology in pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Takes complex data sets and effectively communicates results with their scientific and clinical colleagues; coaches and mentors the team to prepare clear, concise and easy to understand presentations and documentation for collaborators, senior management and regulatory agencies
Scientific leadership and Industry Acumen
- Creates and communicates a compelling vision and sense of core purpose for the team
- Inspire and motivate a team to push themselves and further the science by linking the work of the team with the broader R&D and company vision
- Deep and rigorous understanding of research, pre-clinical and clinical biological and bioinformatics data; deals with scientific concepts and complexity with confidence
- Able to identify the most critical data and use that appropriately to drive solutions
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future, trends, technology, policies, practices and information of the competitive landscape in genomics
- Innovation Management
- Comes up with new and unique ideas that move the science forward and adds value across the R&D and clinical teams
- Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others forward and knows how to manage and cultivate the creative process of others; encourages diverse ideas and open conversations
- Cooperatively identifies and partners with the right people across the organization to get the right information
- Communication and Influencing
- Uses a logical and rational approach when presenting ideas; understands and delivers what scientific and senior level audiences need and care about to make decisions
- Develops a team with skills needed to effectively communicate the results of research to different audience groups
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 13287BR