Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Lab Manager/Scientist I to support our Professional Scientific Services group in Berkeley, CA.
Lab Manager/Scientist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate instrument calibration, PMs, and service contracts
- Maintain and ensure instruments and pipettes are in a valid and proper GMP state
- Assist and support department product sample submissions from department and external customers via LIMS database
- Maintain GMP Compliance criteria for accepting/rejecting samples
- Adhere to Sample Submission office hours
- Administer the department ordering database, order supplies, create and track POs for services and items via SAP and SRM
- Provide support for OpenLab data reporting, data entry, and support tasks for data results management
- Receive and distribute packages; label and barcode reagents/chemicals
- Support, coordinate and maintain samples for testing, dispensing and long term storage; be accountable for Chain of Custody transactions
- Follow and adhere to specific documentation (e.g. Sampling Tables, Order for Testing forms, Inspection Plans, Incident Report Investigations, Specifications, etc)
- Assist and support the maintenance of an electronic database for clinical and development samples from entry through disposal status, as a business continuity plan
- Initiate timely discrepancies following site rules and documentation for any sample integrity violations or sample suitability issues/notify Lab manager and/or supervisors
- Assist with coordination of activities for accurately shipping samples or materials to approved contract labs
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Flexibility and adaptability to support cross functional tasks from internal and external customers
- A self-motivated eagerness to learn new technologies in a fast paced, GMP environment
- Ability to learn quickly and a passion for quality science
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a drive for customer service
- Experience managing samples and data in regulated systems
- Experience maintaining laboratory equipment, calibration and maintenance schedules, and chain of custody documentation
- Experience in a regulated GMP or GLP environment
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in chemistry, life sciences, or other related degree concentration
- At least 1 year of related laboratory experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday (8 a.m.-5p.m.), with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Berkeley, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Lab PSS employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.