Sr. Research Associate, Protein Chemistry
PACT Pharma is an exciting new company in the San Francisco Bay Area. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. The identification of neo-epitopes that serve as private mutations for each patient’s cancer creates a unique opportunity to engineer autologous T cells that target and kill tumors expressing these neo-antigens. PACT utilizes technology licensed from the laboratories of Drs. Heath and Baltimore (Caltech) to identify T cells that recognize the neo-epitope. The unique T-cell receptor (TCR) sequences obtained from these neoepitope-reactive cells are then engineered into T cells from the patient’s own blood to produce PACT’s therapeutic product: a tsunami of fresh, active T cells that, following infusion into the patient, recognize and attack each patient’s cancer cells.
We are currently recruiting a highly qualified Senior Research Associate for protein engineering to facilitate isolation and testing of these engineered neo-epitope targeted TCR-T cells. We are located in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. PACT Pharma is an ambitious cutting edge undertaking - we fully anticipate our company to become the world’s leader in personalized adoptive T cell therapies for cancer and therefore key to the future of cancer treatment. Currently located in Hayward, CA but will be moving to another location by year end.
Senior Research Associate – Protein Chemistry
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced as a research scientist in a related life science discipline with a track record of success in purifying and preparing protein samples for analysis by a variety of laboratory methods. The successful candidate should be an expert in molecular biology and protein expression as well as purification methods.
- She/he is expected to maintain rigor and quality of execution, documentation and timelines.
- Candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Highly dedicated to working in teams, collaborative, and to contribute in a collegial manner to the entire company.
- She/he must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports, including drafting and review of protocols, SOPs, batch records and regulatory documentation to support clinical development.
- Must have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in protein chemistry/chemical engineering or relevant biological sciences and whose career focus has included ex vivo cell engineering with outstanding training in work with primary human cells.
- The role demands a highly goal-driven approach and the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- Minimum of 1-3 years in industry with documented experience with protein engineering.
- The ideal candidate should be an expert in molecular biology and protein expression (most importantly from mammalian cell expression platforms) as well as purification methods particularly column chromatography (affinity, ion-exchange, size-exclusion, hydrophobic interaction).
- Comprehensive experience of protein analytical techniques, including SDS-PAGE, Western blots, HPLC, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, SPR, calorimetry, and spectrophotometric analysis (UV, DLS, DSF, CD etc.
- Direct experience in the formulation and handling of protein samples for automated processes would be highly advantageous.
- Basic understanding of immunology.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, C.V. and Research Summary to: email@example.com. Please reference job code Protein Sciences RA in the subject line.