Temporary Environmental Monitoring Assistant (2nd Shift)
Let’s Make Things Happen!
Ajinomoto Althea, Inc. is a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization providing clinical drug process development and manufacturing services to global biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
Althea is a leading expert in aseptic filling of drug product in vials and syringes, and our focused expertise and capabilities make us one of the industry’s top leaders for cGMP microbial fermentation of recombinant proteins and plasmid DNA. In conjunction with these manufacturing operations, Althea offers comprehensive development services including: upstream and downstream process development, complex formulations, lyophilization cycle, analytical development, product release and ICH-compliant stability testing.
Now is an exciting time to join Althea. We have talented people working together to help our clients advance their innovative product pipelines. We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
Our work atmosphere is fast paced, stimulating and customer focused. Employees take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Althea is currently seeking a Temporary Environmental Monitoring Assistant (2nd Shift) to support Althea’s manufacturing. The Environmental Monitoring Assistant is responsible for supporting manufacturing at Ajinomoto Althea, Inc through performing routine, process specific, and event response environmental monitoring. The Environmental Monitoring Assistant will require an understanding of aseptic technique, continuously exhibit proper clean room behavior, and adhere to cGMPs.
Please note: Initial training will be held on first shift, Monday - Friday. Althea's 2nd shift runs 2:00 - 10:30 pm typically.
- Performs environmental monitoring within the microbiology laboratory, manufacturing suites, clean rooms, and drug product operations.
- Performs enumeration and gram staining of bacterial colonies.
- Sampling and analysis of the utilities including water, steam, and compressed gasses.
- Support process qualification of water, HVAC, and other systems.
- Must gown qualify and exemplify cleanroom behavior.
- Maintains lab area including routine cleaning of benches, biosafety cabinets, shelving and floors
- Compiles data for documentation of test procedures.
- Initiates routine environmental action level reports and deviation reports.
- Embodies Althea’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent.
- Zero to two (0-2) years of relevant experience in laboratory or quality control.
- Ability to perform testing in a highly accurate and reproducible manner.
- Familiarity with cGMP, manufacturing, machine operations, troubleshooting, and data entry.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.altheacmo.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
Successful Candidate must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply.