Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Molecular Pathology
The Preclinical Development group at Wave Life Sciences is looking for an experienced, highly motivated scientist to join the Pathology team in Lexington, MA. The candidate will work closely internally with Toxicology, In Vivo Pharmacology, Chemistry, Biology teams and with external CROs to support in vivo studies and biomarker analyses. The candidate should possess an in depth experience in developing, optimizing and validating new assays (RNA/DNA ISH, IHC, immunofluorescence, image analysis) in cells and tissues. Background/experience in special stains in the CNS will be highly desirable. Previous experience with oligonucleotide is a plus.
- Hands on work on development, optimization, and validation of new assays in immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization, immunofluorescence, multiplex staining etc in tissues or cells
- Slide scanning and image analysis using automated platforms to quantify test article and/or other markers in tissues
- Histology procedures including formalin fixed tissue trimming, tissue processing and embedding, paraffin block and frozen tissue sectioning, H&E, special stains and biomarker staining
- Setting up the molecular pathology lab and day to day maintenance of molecular pathology lab equipment
- Participate in the drug development process including reaching out to and working closely with the In Vivo, Discovery and Development teams for project specific requirements
- Analyze and present data to project teams and higher-level management
Education / Experience:
- B.A./B.S./M.S. in scientific, healthcare, or related field required; HT certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in molecular pathology and image analysis preferably in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Experience with ELISA, cell culture and other cell biology techniques a plus
- Proven ability to evaluate new technologies and platforms
- Excellent project management skills required, including strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem-solving talents.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.