Digital Health and Innovation Engagement Manager
Amgen's Analytics and Knowledge Management (AKM) team is seeking an Engagement Manager to support the Digital Health and Innovation space based out of Amgen's global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Engagement Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Advanced Analytics.
The Engagement Manager, also known as a Principal IS (Information Systems) Architect, serves a key role within AKM and is responsible for driving Amgen strategy and roadmaps with executive leadership in the Digital Health and Innovation function. Additionally, the Engagement Manager will define the communication and client engagement strategy for AKM through working directly with AKM's senior leadership. Additional responsibilities will include developing, shaping, and managing the work into AKM's delivery teams and monitoring service delivery back to the clients. The Engagement Manager will also partner with clients during budget and portfolio times to shape the roadmaps and portfolios.
AKM services include Advanced Analytics and Data Integration, Big Data technology services, Information Discovery and Search, Information Architecture, Knowledge Management (KM) and Regulated Content Management.
Key Activities of the Engagement Manager include:
- Communicates AKM's strategy, capabilities, and services to senior IS leadership
- Partners with Digital Health and Innovation to build capability to execute on POCs, pilots, and projects in that space
- Co-develops analytics roadmaps in partnership with Digital Health and Innovation
- Develops high level solution architecture, feature, and capability assessments for client projects in conjunction with other AKM leader
- Defines AKM communication and education plan for client teams
- Monitors and oversee portfolio and service delivery to client
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- 2 years' experience in communication and influencing executive management
- 2 years' experience with Analytics, Business intelligence, Search, Dev Ops, and/or Big Data technology projects
- Big 5 consulting or equivalent experience
- Experience defining roadmaps and strategies with clients
- Understanding of the commercial pharmaceutical domain
- Hands on development of analytics project business cases
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodology specifically with scrum master or product owner roles
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.