Product Manager of Digital Health
Amgen is seeking a Digital Product Manager at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to join the Digital Product Management organization and will be responsible for developing, piloting, and commercializing technology tools that meet patient, HCP, and business needs. The Digital Product Manager will report to the Digital Health Program Director in our Digital Health and Innovation organization and will be responsible for the successful launch of commercial-scale digital solutions, product roadmap, and life cycle management. As such, the Incumbent works closely with business stakeholders to assess the needs and translate business and end user requirements into meaningful and executable digital product requirements.
Key Activities for the Digital Product Manager include:
- Ensures innovative digital pilots are successfully launched and scaled
- Creates and maintains product Business Case, product requirements and global roadmap
- Creates and maintains prioritized requirements backlog while seeking input on features and priorities from various sources
- Synthesizes input into prioritized feature list and creates User Stories (requirements) for each feature
- Creates Release Plan - bucket features into releases and review with legal, regulatory, compliance and other departments to ensure commercial viability of product
- Interfaces with external vendors and internal teams such as project management, design and development, operations, customer service, sales, brand/marketing, legal, safety, to lend clarification and support to requirements definition at all stages of the product life cycle
- Follows Amgen's governance processes, procedures, specifications, design controls, and applicable compliance standards and guidance documents
Master's degree and 3 years of Project Management and/or Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Project Management and/or Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Project Management and/or Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management and/or Information Systems experience
- 5 years of experience working in software, or hardware product management / development
- Experience working in the medical device industry or pharma and a successful track record of developing commercially FDA approved products from concept to commercialization
- Experience with clinical trials, or scientific research methods
- Experience writing technical documents, including specifications and end-user manuals
- Experience with quality processes and documents for FDA submissions and CE marked medical devices
- Strong requirements management skills and experience
- Knowledge of the current landscape of various digital health solutions and emerging health IT technologies such as connected devices, remote patient monitoring tools, sensors, patient and HCP engagement tools, patient identification and CDS algorithms, mobile and web-based health management applications, etc.
- Ability to bridge functions, particularly technical and non-technical worlds
- Strategic as well as tactical approach to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Excellent written communication skills including attention to detail and organization
- Strong project management and scheduling experience
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Exposure to complete product development life cycle
- Deep understanding of Agile and Lean Startup principle
- Proven ability to manage in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.