Sr Research Associate II
Sr Research Associate II
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
The Immunology & Inflammation department at Gilead Sciences is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to support therapeutic programs for inflammatory diseases, including RA and SLE. The successful candidate will contribute to discovery of novel candidate drugs, including the design and execution of proof of concept and validation assays. The candidate will assess the mechanism of action of pre-clinical Gilead compounds. He/she will support projects from discovery research into early development as an active member of cross-functional teams. The candidate must be driven, resourceful, and able to work independently and display scientific curiosity and rigor. Excellent organizational skills in management of data, reagents and equipment are essential. The candidate will participate in regular team meetings and present results, interpret data, and formulate conclusions. Teamwork, collaboration with colleagues across disciplines and excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Plans, executes and troubleshoots experiments using appropriately selected methods and techniques to lead and support initiation and/or advancement of drug candidates.
• Participates in immunoassay development and optimization by identifying new technologies that may increase throughput or enhance our understanding of disease mechanisms; stay current with regard to scientific literature and applies knowledge.
• Demonstrates and applies understanding and analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions within the broader context of project goals.
• Presents research findings and recommendations to senior staff.
• Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating strong inter-personal skills.
• Works independently with minimal supervision and is able to prioritize a large workload with strong time management skills.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• BS with 5+years or MS degree with 4+years of immunology, inflammation, cell biology or related experience in industry or academia.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a strong background and hands-on experience in experimental immunology/inflammation/cell signaling.
• Technical skills should include: extensive cell culture experience (working with primary cells and cell lines); development and execution of various cell-based assay using small-molecule inhibitors; experience with ELISA, Western blot, Luminex, and qPCR; Familiarity with immunoassay development and optimization as far as cell signaling evaluation; experience with pharmacology studies (pre-clinical animal models). General interest in learning new assays is highly desirable.
• Isolation and manipulation of blood components (human/rat/mouse) is a plus.
• Extensive experience with flow cytometry, including design and execution of multi-color panels and antibody validation is advantageous.
The successful candidate must communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the‘EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformement à la Loi « Informatique et Libertes » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les donnees personnelles renseignees pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des donnees vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en mailto:contactant:FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
For full application instructions and position description, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1237466
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.