Associate Scientist I, Inflammation
Associate Scientist I, Inflammation
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Specific responsibilities and skills:
The Inflammation Biology department at Gilead Sciences is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to support inflammation programs. The successful candidate will contribute to discovery and pre-clinical development efforts of novel candidate drugs, including the design and execution of proof of concept and validation assays. The candidate will also drive immunological studies assessing the mechanism of action of pre-clinical and clinical Gilead compounds. The candidate must be driven, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and display scientific curiosity and rigor. Excellent organizational skills with regard to management of data, reagents and equipment are essential. The candidate will participate in regular group and team meetings and present results, interpret data, and formulate conclusions. The candidate will also communicate with and manage CROs for pharmacology studies. Teamwork and excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical. The following are required skills for the position:
• Experience with pharmacology studies, PK/PD modeling and animal tissue processing is advantageous
• Experience with primary cells, cell lines, and microscopes including but limited to IHC and IF is advantageous
• Experience with cell isolation and functional ex vivo cellular assays
• Experience with flow cytometry, including design and execution of multi-color panels and antibody validation; cell sorting experience is not required but desirable
• Good working knowledge of immunology, cell biology and molecular biology
• Demonstrates and applies advanced level of understanding and analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions within the broader context of project goals; critical and creative thinker
• Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed, identifying and applying novel techniques or protocols
• Experience with cell signaling and transcriptome analysis
• Knowledge with specific cell types, eg., Tregs
• Uses excellent verbal and written communication skills to disseminate information to direct colleagues and broader audiences.
• Works independently with minimal supervision and is able to prioritize a large workload with strong time management skills
• Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating strong inter-personal skills
• Team-oriented, enthusiastic and flexible
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
BS degree with 9+ years of immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or related experience in industry or academia. MS degree w/8+ years of industry experience.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may mailto:email@example.com assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the‘EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformement à la Loi « Informatique et Libertes » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les donnees personnelles renseignees pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des donnees vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en mailto:contactant:FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
For full application instructions and position description, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1237465
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.