Confluence Discovery Technologies, Inc. (CDT), located in St. Louis, MO, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. and serves as research partners for pharma and biotech companies in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, enzymology, biomarker development, immunology, in vivo efficacy models and medicinal chemistry. We specialize in drug discovery research on complex biological systems, challenging drug targets, immuno-oncology and preclinical and clinical biomarker development.
This position is for a drug discovery scientist to focus on the design, development and execution of biochemical, biophysical enzymatic, cellular and/or other biological assays that are critical for the company to meet its goals. In this position, you will participate in both internal or contract drug discovery and biological research, addressing complex scientific questions in a fluid team environment. Efficient and effective execution is critical.
- This position is for a hands-on laboratory biochemist/enzymologist focused in drug discovery
- Devise, design and execute experimental protocols using standard in-house methods, methods from partner companies or from the literature.
- Effectively carry out biochemical and/or biophysical studies of drug target interactions, including plate-based assays and kinetic analyses.
- Define the necessary reagents and supplies to conduct assay; insure that the necessary equipment is available to conduct the assay.
- Assay execution, data analysis and effective oral and written communication of results including interpretation of findings and suggested next steps – both internally and to clients
- Report writing and preparation of slide decks
- B.S/M.S. in relevant scientific field
- 5+ years relevant experience in drug discovery
- Proficiency in the design and execution of assays including several of the following:
- Plate based assays/medium to high throughput screening
- Enzyme inhibitor studies
- Enzyme mechanistic studies
- Experience with various assay technologies (TR-FRET, Caliper, Alphascreen, etc.)
- Direct ligand binding studies (SPR, radioligand and/or fluorescent formats)
- ELISA’s, Western blots, multiplex analysis
- LC/MS analysis of enzyme reactions and/or protein modifications
- Ability to organize time and work independently
- Experience in mechanistic characterization of drug:target interctions
- Critical thinking and data interpretation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Multitasking capabilities and interest in working in an environment with quickly changing responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential material