Product Transfer Scientist
The right job isn’t about location or benefits or responsibilities. The right job is about personality, character, motivation, fulfillment. It’s about what inspires us, what we’re passionate about.
At Fluidigm, we’re passionate about life. Exploring it, studying it, sustaining it, living it. We make biotech tools that enable our customers and ourselves to seek truth in applied life sciences. To push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?”
Naturally, we’re also passionate about people, especially the ones we work with. We know that the right people in the right positions can do amazing things, and we love helping that happen. Now we’re looking for a Product Transfer Scientist to join our Genomics Operations team. And if you’re the right person, we’d like to make you a deal:
If you will:
- Professionally represent the Reagent Operations group in cross-functional NPI teams
- Transfer and implement manufacturing processes for new reagent parts and product lines from R&D into a manufacturing environment
- Be responsible for creating and updating detailed BOMs, SOPs, manufacturing batch records and QC procedures for new or existing products
- Carry out pilot studies to prepare and validate new reagents, establish product stability and determine optimal parameters for packaging and shipping.
- Qualify new vendors for approval of new OEM items, update appropriate contracts and planning of forecast requirements.
- Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
- Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more
You must have:
- A minimum of 2-3 years (with PhD) or 5-6 years (with MS) in the biotech industry
- Hands-on experience in developing genomic assay technologies (e.g. qPCR and NGS) and broad experience in standard molecular biology techniques
- Experience with product transfer, manufacturing process improvement and scale-up
- Experience writing and validating manufacturing protocols, quality control test methods and assays
- Experience in ISO 9001 and ISO13485 guidelines
- Experience with ERP and PLM systems