Senior Research Scientist, Translational Biology
BMS is seeking an innovative and passionate Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist to join the Fibrosis Translational Biology Group within the Fibrosis Discovery Department.
- Establish and utilize appropriate in vitro and ex vivo cellular models to assess the role of targets and pathways to support translational disease understanding and target discovery in fibrotic diseases.
- Develop new functional assays to study the mechanism of action of novel targets
- Work closely with the in vivo group to support characterization of animal models and with the translational/biomarker groups to characterize diseased tissues/cells.
- Participate and present scientific data at internal meetings.
- Strong cell and molecular biology background with demonstrated experience in handling human and animal primary cells and cell lines.
- Proficiency in several cell-based assays and technologies including functional assays, ELISA, flow cytometry, multiplex cytokine/growth factor assessment, qPCR, and others.
- Ability to design experiments based on literature searches and demonstrated excellence in data handling, analysis and interpretation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellence and proficiency in data analysis and presentation.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work effectively in a highly collaborative matrix environment
- Experience or knowledge in fibrotic diseases is desirable but not required
- BS or MS in cell biology or related discipline with 5+ years of experience in academia or the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.