Associate Meetings & Conventions Planner
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Meeting and Conventions Associate Planner is a key contributor to the team responsible for providing proactive support to Regeneron's Medical Affairs team, the Marketing teams, Field-based employees and their management. Specifically, the person in this position is responsible for providing meeting management services, conventions planning and logistical support for Regional and National Conventions, HCP Scientific Expert Interactions; i.e. Advisory Boards, Speaker Training, Steering Committee, etc. and Sales Incentive Programs. This includes price negotiations, vendor oversight, onsite meeting management, budget management and ensuring continued compliance with all federal and state laws, regulations and policies.
• Help to define, design, communicate, execute, and maintain a robust and pertinent meetings and conventions plan for key customer groups as required.
• Lead the assessment of different options for each assigned meeting or convention including venues, floor space, sleeping hotels, menus, AV and travel, and make recommendations to senior leadership on same.
• Manage all logistics surrounding assigned HCP Scientific Expert Interactions including sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, executing contracts, overseeing the registration, onsite meeting execution and close-out processes.
• Manage all convention-related activities for assigned customer groups, including the securing of booth space, meeting rooms, any necessary AV, and overnight accommodations and then execute flawlessly.
• Assume the lead role in creating and maintaining registration and/or informational websites using the Company's preferred meeting management software.
• Work closely with the Grants System Administrators to ensure room blocks for regional meetings are secured in a timely manner and all promotional opportunities are appropriately managed.
• Ensure that all spend associated with assigned meetings and exhibits is accurately captured and delivered on time in a format compatible with Regeneron's reporting systems
• Proactively manage all associated vendors to ensure exemplary service regardless of meeting location and/or exhibit type
• Keep abreast of changes in the marketplace and industry best practices to ensure the continued effectiveness of all meetings sponsored and/or supported by Regeneron's Medical Affairs and Commercial teams.
• Bachelors degree required.
• 2-4 years experience in meetings and/or convention planning role.Experience with pharmaceutical/biotech industry meetings.
• Outstanding customer service skills with proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, vendors and partners.
• Demonstrated success in managing and delivering on both large and small-scale conventions and meetings.
• Previous experience of managing healthcare meetings a plus
• Good organizational skills which encompass time management abilities
• Detail-orientated with strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiar with the drug development and commercialization process.
• Previous experience of working with an exhibit house and with an alliance a plus.
• Up to 50-70% travel required including weekends.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 13504BR