Head of Biology, Oncology Drug Discovery
Bridgene Biosciences, Inc. is a newly launched biopharmaceutical company based in Sunnyvale, California. We employs a proprietary chemoproteomic platform to discover novel therapeutics for the treatment of diverse diseases in multiple areas including oncology and immunology. Bridgene Biosciences, Inc is seeking a highly motivated and innovative leader with oncology drug development experience to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity and we will work together to build an exciting, science driven bio-pharmaceutical company.
- Reporting to the CEO, this position will play a key leadership role in our drug discovery process and will work closely with internal discovery team and external contract research organizations.
- This position will act as the strategic leader for Oncology research of the whole company. It is accountable for the delivery of new small molecular entities from early discovery to clinical for Oncology.
- This position will work closely with the Target Discovery team to identify and validate novel targets, define the medical need and clinical relevance of the targets in the context of the disease, and define the biology profile and biomarker package required at certain critical decision points.
- This role is expected to deliver innovative small molecule therapies under aggressive timeline.
- The candidate should have MD and/or Ph.D in life science or equivalent with at least 15 years of pharmaceutical/biotech and/or relevant academic experience in oncology positions of increasing responsibility.
- The ideal candidate should have a track record of identifying and progressing novel targets to clinical candidates with demonstrated expertise in all areas of small molecule drug discovery from target identification through preclinical research.
- As the head of biology, the candidate should have a deep understanding of cancer biology and a stellar record in disease biology research and oncology target discovery. This candidate should have proven leadership in organization, technology, and science including managing relationships with academic collaborators and CROs.
- The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, high ethical standards, and outstanding communication skills.
We will provide very competitive salary and stock options for this position. Please email us your CV and cover letter if you are interested in this position. To know more about the company, please visit our website at www.bridgenebiosciences.com. BridGene Biosciences is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.