Research Associate, Discovery
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB)
platform. MTEM's first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's
lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled Research Associate to support research and development activities. This position will be primarily responsible for cell-based and molecular biology techniques in accordance to established protocols, and performing general laboratory duties, including washing glassware, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory and basic laboratory equipment. This position requires excellent technical, analytical, time management and organizational skills, along with adherence to written and verbal instructions and accurate and timely completion of documentation.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct cell-based assays in order to characterize and validate novel targets, including but not limited to: engineering cell lines, primary cell culture, microscopy and live cell imaging, in-vitro enzymatic assays, high-throughput drug screening, innate and adaptive immunological assays, and other cellular techniques, such as evaluating routing mechanisms and receptor turnover
- Perform and optimize molecular biology techniques, such as Western blot, ELISA assays, PCR and cloning
- Analyze data in accordance to established methods
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner, and adhere to written procedures
- Conduct general laboratory duties, including washing glassware, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory (e.g. media prep) and basic laboratory equipment
- Assist with non-complex projects and laboratory sanitization and organization, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences
- Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in laboratory setting conducting cell biology techniques, preferably maintenance of cell lines, cellular assays involving multi-well plate formats, ELISA assays and flow cytometry
- Must possess willingness to learn
- Must be adaptable and able to learn new techniques as needed and developed within Discovery and the larger R&D group
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills applied to investigations
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and statistical software
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instruction and work under supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and must be able to stand, crouch, sit, bend, or stretch for extended periods of time
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to Director, Discovery, R&D.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.