Cloud Computing Platform Engineer
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Experience: 5 or more years
Manage Others: No
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who can design and build scalable web services for scientific computing, as well as contribute to the architectural design of the platform. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working as part of a team and occasionally presenting technical content.
You would be working as part of a small, focused team in building a cloud computing platform for drug discovery. As part of the team, you would have the opportunity to play a key in the organization.
OpenEye will not sponsor a work visa for this position.
- Understand cloud computing, web services, and the technologies involved from hardware to HTTPS
- Working knowledge of relational and no-relational databases, filesystems, messaging systems, and their trade-offs
- Experience working with container-based infrastructure (ECS, Mesos, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience developing and running distributed applications using a cloud infrastructure provider
- Programming in Python
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Programming in Java, Go, C++
- Network/socket programming
- Experience with serialization and RPC frameworks (gRPC, Thrift, Protocol Buffers, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Linux server automation frameworks (Ansible, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
Application Contact Information:
To apply please Email cover letter and resume to:
Or mail to:
OpenEye Scientific Software Recruiting
9 Bisbee Court, Suite D
Santa Fe, NM 87508
No calls or walk-ins, please.
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer