Software Developer (Cheminformatics)
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Education: PhD in a computational field or Master's/BS degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
Manage Others: No
OpenEye Scientific Software, Inc. seeks to hire a professional software developer to join a small team delivering scientific solutions to drug discovery problems.
The successful candidate's team will have shared responsibility for delivering established products, building new technologies into customer solutions, and establishing new algorithms for cheminformatics and drug discovery.
The team you will join includes several PhD level scientific developers with expertise in small molecule and protein computational chemistry and long track records of delivering C++ applications and core software libraries to solve drug discovery problems.
This position can only be filled at our headquarters in Santa Fe, NM. Relocation fees will be covered.
- 5+ years of experience using C++ or/and Python
- Experience interfacing native and managed code
- Thorough knowledge & skill in programming and professional software development practices & tools
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Ability to work under a development schedule, balancing features and delivery deadlines
- Team oriented
- Ability and desire to learn new ideas and adapt to new development practices
- Experience using Java and C#
- Enjoy working in a multi-platform environment
- Experience with SWIG
- Knowledge of chemistry and/or drug discovery & development
- Experience in scientific development & algorithm innovation
Application Contact Information:
To apply please Email cover letter and resume along with code sample and/or github account to:
Or mail to:
OpenEye Scientific Software Recruiting
9 Bisbee Court, Suite D
Santa Fe, NM 87508
No calls or walk-ins, please.
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer