Research Associate, Clinical Assays
Sanaria Inc. is a Rockville, Maryland based biotechnology company that is dedicated to the production of an attenuated sporozoite malaria vaccine. We currently have an opening for a Research Associate in the Clinical Immunology and Sample Management Group.
The Research Associate will play an integral role in supporting Sanaria’s Clinical Assays and Sample Management laboratory. The Laboratory’s major responsibilities include clinical sample management, serologic antibody binding, and functional assays. This is a laboratory testing position with the major responsibilities being daily assays and laboratory maintenance tasks.
RA Clinical Assays Responsibilities and Duties
- Accurately perform serologic assays (e.g, ELISA, Immunofluorescence assays) and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GMP, CFR guidelines and internal SOPs.
- Support the Sample Management team with receiving, aliquoting and tracking specimens for various Sanaria clinical trials.
- Execute testing and other activities to ensure timely delivery of results.
- Maintain the experimental records and raw data with adherence to Good Documentation Practices
- Work safely with potentially hazardous substances, exercise universal precautions.
- Work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Actively participate in tasks and activities in support of Sanaria’s GMP manufacturing, and research efforts.
RA Clinical Assays Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in the biological, biochemical or related sciences
- Working knowledge of bioanalytical assays
- Ability to evaluate technical data and record data accurately and legibly
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and demonstrated instructions
- Ability to clearly express and exchange ideas by means of verbal and written communication
- Capable of working effectively as part of a team, exhibiting effective interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Evening and weekend hours may occasionally be required
- Working knowledge of serum testing including ELISA and immunofluorescence assay is a plus.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in Biology, sterile/aseptic processing, and cell culture experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Freezerworks database system is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, vision, dental, company-paid life and disability insurance, 401k with company match, free parking. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement indicating RA Clinical Assays to careers(at)sanaria.com. For more information, please visit http://www.sanaria.com/.
Long term eligibility to work in the US without visa sponsorship is required. Sanaria is unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Sanaria is an equal opportunity employer.
No recruiters or calls please.