Research Associate, ETB Development
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of a next generation immunotoxin platform technology called Engineered Toxin Bodies (ETB) in oncology. MTEM's lead program, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and additional pipeline drug candidates are being advanced toward clinical development for a variety of cancers. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled Research Associate to support research and development activities. The position will be primarily responsible for ETB protein production and analysis in accordance to established protocols, and performing general laboratory duties, including solution and media prep, labware sterilization, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory and basic laboratory equipment. This position will require excellent technical, analytical, time management and organizational skills, along with adherence to written and verbal instructions and accurate and timely completion of documentation.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Perform protein expression and purification, including but not limited to: E.coli- based expression systems (transformations, monitoring growth kinetics), liquid chromatography (affinity, SEC, ion exchange)
- Conduct analytical protein assays according to established protocols, including but not limited to: SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA
- Accurately document all tasks in a timely manner
- Execute new experiments or test protocols, as needed
- Maintain laboratory supplies through ordering and preparation of reagents
- Assist with non-complex projects, such as laboratory sanitization and organization
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, or Associates degree in applied or life science plus 2 years of related experience
- Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in laboratory setting conducting molecular biology techniques, preferably recombinant protein expression from a prokaryotic (E. coli) system
- Experience in DNA cloning and DNA and protein sequence analysis, strongly preferred
- Must possess willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills applied to investigations
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and statistical software
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instruction and work under supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and must be able to stand, crouch, sit, bend, or stretch for extended periods of time.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Director, ETB Development.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.