Associate Director, Resource Management
Business Insights and Analytics (BIA) enables decision making and insights for BMS stakeholders across all business units. The Resource Management team falls within the BIA R&D group. Its core responsibility is to partner with Development Centers, R&D Functions, other BIA teams, Strategy & Planning, Finance and IT to generate meaningful resource related insights that inform and influence portfolio decisions.
This role will be working directly with our internal stakeholders in the Global Clinical Organization, Strategy and Planning, Finance, BD among others to build upon existing capabilities and bring novel approaches and ensure our tools and methodologies are consistently aligned with our operating model. This candidate will lead a group of Resource managers to assist in predicting the resource needs of a constantly evolving global portfolio. The role will also work to inform external resource needs in our strategic partnerships, assessing impact of in-licensing, acquisitions and divestitures, supporting capacity allocation, and ad hoc decision support - all to ensure we can execute the pipeline with both speed and efficiency.
- Build relationships with key R&D functional leaders to develop solutions, reports, dashboards etc. to answer questions related to demand and capacity management. Ensure resource implications and risks are integrated into key governance processes.
- Manage a team of Resource Managers in the execution of monthly reporting deliverables, annual budget planning activities and other ad-hoc requests
- Work with other BIA functions and cross functional leadership to design and implement efficient, integrated processes to link study planning and feasibility, country/site planning, and predicted operational risks into resource forecasts. Assume responsibility for compliance and data quality over the long term
- Work with Strategy and Planning and IT to ensure systems and tools effectively support our resource modeling approach and make sure reports and deliverables are consistently accurate and meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Enable book of work and resource planning in new or evolving areas
- Work with the head of Resource Management to define, develop and implement next generation capabilities
- 7+ years in a Resource Management or Operational Management role in Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CRO
- 5+ years working in Clinical Operations, Clinical Project Management, Clinical Data Analytics/metrics, process improvement or other similar analytical role in R&D
- MBA or Master's degree in life science or quantitative field
- Full understanding of functions, roles and major work packages associated with each phase of drug development / lifecycle management and the ability to translate that work into project and portfolio level forecasts
- Experience building trust and engagement with key customers and communicating sensitive information
- The ability to extract and communicate meaningful qualitative and quantitative insights from raw data using modern BI tools (Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI etc.)
- Experience using and building algorithms and business processes in PPM tools (Planisware, MS Project etc.)
- Experience driving cross functional teams towards goals and decisions, including identifying barriers, facilitating solutions and escalating risks.