Senior Manager/Associate Director, Publications Management
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This position will require a person with strong scientific background to work with company scientists and other internal stakeholders, study investigators and authors, and medical communication agencies in leading cross-functional publication teams for one or more therapeutic areas for the development of scientific publication plans (covering research manuscripts and conference presentations) and their execution. A demonstrated ability to edit and write manuscripts is required.
- Will lead cross-functional publication teams to develop, manage and execute the publication plan of one or more therapeutic areas. This will involve the timely and efficient development and submission of clinical manuscripts, abstracts, and scientific meeting presentations, all in partnership with company teams and external collaborators, scientists, and medical experts.
- Will be required to edit and write manuscripts, abstracts, posters on behalf of authors.
- Will need to understand the science of the assigned therapeutic areas. Will guide and oversee publication vendors, contract writers and editors, draft budgets, and travel to scientific conferences as needed
- Must quickly develop a firm scientific understanding of the therapeutic area(s) covered; additionally, should possess an understanding of clinical study design, statistics, and pharmaceutical research and development. In this regard, must be familiar with statistical analysis plans and clinical study reports.
- Must have created and updated publication plans and provided summary reports to stakeholders. Must be able to edit and write manuscripts, abstracts, posters on behalf of authors. Should be able to guide and oversee publication vendors, contract writers and editors, and be familiar with drafting publication budgets. Prior use of publication software (e.g., Datavision) would be helpful.
- Excellent knowledge of and compliance with Good publication practices, ICMJE guidelines, CONSORT, Sunshine Act, etc. are needed.
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner, are important. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Additionally, exemplary professional interaction with internal stakeholders and external authors is expected.
- Minimal educational requirements: Post-graduate degree: MS, PharmD, or PhD
- Minimum Years of Experience: At least 6 years in medical communications or publications management, of which 2-3 years must have been spent in independently leading cross-functional publication teams to develop and execute therapeutic area-specific publication plans. Some or all of this experience MUST be from a pharmaceutical company; additional experience in a medical communication agency is a plus. Experience of a few years as a medical writer would be helpful.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 13276BR