Senior Scientist / Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics’ Cancer Immunotherapy group is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Immunologist with expertise in immunology and cancer biology to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel cellular therapeutics for the treatment of hematological disorders and solid tumors. The candidate will share responsibilities in the advancement of first-of-kind off-the-shelf chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T cell products as well as the development of next generation universal CAR-T cell and other lymphocyte products. Using the company’s iPSC-derived lymphocyte platform, the candidate will be responsible for investigating engineered modalities to enhanced product performance, with the ultimate goal of patient treatment. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the derivation and functional assessment of iPSC-derived CAR-T cells in both in vitro and in vivo models. The candidate must have in depth knowledge of T cell immunology in addition to extensive experience with mammalian cell culture. The position will require individual, independent research as well as coordination with the immunology, molecular biology, cellular engineering, in vivo biology and process development groups. This is a full-time position reporting to a Senior Scientist in Cancer Immunotherapy, and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Development of off-the-shelf targeted lymphocytes including discovery and implementation of unique and novel modifications to enhance effector cell persistence and function.
- In depth biochemical characterization and in vitro functional assessment of iPSC-derived CAR-T cells via single cell genetic analysis, cytokine release, proliferation and cytotoxicity.
- Establishment and implementation of in vivo mouse models to assess in vivo cytotoxicity and persistence of iPSC-derived CAR-T cells against both liquid and solid tumors.
- Optimization of protocols to drive differentiation and expansion of unique subsets of iPSC-derived T cells.
- Product transfer liaison to downstream teams including process development and manufacturing.
- Detailed experimental design, record keeping, protocol writing and data interpretation.
- Presentation of data to multidisciplinary teams and external collaborators.
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology or related field
- Minimally 5+ years post-doctoral training or extensive (> 8 years) experience in biotech or pharma
- Extensive experience in developing and executing immunological assays utilizing human T cells
- Expertise and hands on experience in CAR-T cell technology
- Proven understanding of molecular biology, biochemistry and genetic engineering
- In depth experience with mammalian cell culture is required
- Knowledge of developmental hematopoiesis is a plus
- Experience with large scale expansion of lymphocytes is a plus
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), time management, record keeping and data analysis skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently within a goal-oriented team environment
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- May require working with blood and cell lines of human and animal origin
- May require work with hazardous materials
- May require occasional evening and weekend work
- 100% onsite work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and reference job 196RC.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell therapies using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. This platform uniquely enables the single-cell selection of a precisely engineered iPSC clone and the subsequent creation and maintenance of a clonal master iPSC line. Analogous to master cell lines used to manufacture biopharmaceutical drug products such as monoclonal antibodies, clonal master iPSC lines are a renewable source for consistently and repeatedly manufacturing homogeneous cell products in quantities that support the treatment of many thousands of patients in an off-the-shelf manner. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.