The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable, ensuring adherence to Company policies and processes and monitoring use of systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of the Finance function at an exciting, dynamic company while growing your own career.
- Adhere to the deadlines for related areas to ensure a timely close
- Assist individuals at all levels of the Company to request purchase orders through the procurement system ensuring proper GL coding and compliance with Company policies and processes
- Become a super-user of the procurement and accounting system(s), including trouble-shooting with employees
- Work closely with individuals at all levels of the Company to ensure timely and appropriate processing of invoices and payments in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Assist in preparing the accrual for invoices received but not approved and gathering information for accrual estimates
- Entering and uploading invoices into system to set up for approval and payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintenance of vendor files
- Produce monthly reports and assist with month-end closing
- Administration of the Company’s corporate credit card program and employee travel and expense reporting (Concur, American Express and Wells Fargo Bank)
- Review and process expense reports
- Monitor assigned areas for process improvement to ensure efficiency while reporting risks
- Prepare and provide documentation for external and internal auditors on a timely basis
- Understand and maintain Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) documentation and requirements for assigned areas
- Follow Company policies and processes to maintain efficient processes
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 4–5+ year of accounting and finance experience
- Ability to follow instructions for multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Life science / biotech experience a plus
Preferred Experience, Special Skills, Knowledge:
- Experience with Quick Books, Oracle other general ledger/ERP systems, and procurement systems
- Ability to understand and process high volumes of data
- Team players only
About Aimmune Therapeutics, Inc.
Aimmune Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to address the unmet medical need in food allergy, which currently has no approved treatments. Our mission is to improve the lives of people with food allergies, based on our proprietary desensitization treatments in development. Aimmune’s lead investigational drug, AR101 for peanut allergy, is in Phase 3 clinical testing in North America and Europe. The company also plans to begin clinical testing of its investigational drugs for egg allergy and walnut allergy. Headquartered in Brisbane, California – the heart of San Francisco’s biotechnology hub – Aimmune has additional offices in the Kings Cross area of London and in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter, including a statement of interest, availability, and experience to Human Resources with the job title in the subject line.
Aimmune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only; no recruiters please.