Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Biology
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Scientist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in areas such as oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience and expertise in basic molecular biology, mammalian cell culture techniques, and cellular and biochemical assay development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, plan, and support the validation of novel drug targets via multiple mechanisms, including testing the effects of compounds on proteins in cellular and biochemical settings
- Development and/or use of new technology and assays to support drug discovery
- Interpret experimental results and present work at company meetings
Experience and education requirements:
- Ph.D. with 0-3+ years of experience in cellular and molecular biology (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience preferred)
- Required technical skills include a strong molecular biology skill set (e.g., DNA cloning, transient transfection, RNA isolation, PCR, gene knockdown), Western blotting, mammalian cell culture, stable cell line generation, and experience with high-throughput screening assays
- Experience in ubiquitin biology, immunology, or immune-oncology is desired
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job SMCB2018.06.07 to email@example.com. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.