Organovo is developing and commercializing a platform technology to produce and study living tissues that emulate key aspects of human biology and disease for use in drug discovery, clinical development, and therapeutic applications. The Company develops tissue systems through internal research programs and in collaboration with pharmaceutical, academic and other partners. Organovo's living tissues have the potential to transform the drug discovery process, enabling treatments to be developed more effectively and with greater relevance to performance in human trials and commercialization. The Company’s ExViveTM Liver and Kidney Tissues are used in disease modeling for NASH and fibrosis, high-value drug profiling, target and marker discovery/validation, and other drug testing. The Company is also advancing a preclinical program to develop its NovoTissues® liver therapeutic tissues for critical unmet medical needs, including certain life-threatening pediatric diseases. The Company has received orphan designation for its potential treatment of alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency, its lead indication within the category of inborn errors of metabolism. Organovo is changing the shape of life science research and transforming medical care.
Organovo’s Cell Core team is seeking a Laboratory Technician I, who will culture primary human cells and provide general support for the Cell Core and R&D Project Teams in a clean room environment.
Laboratory Technician I Responsibilities:
- Cultures and processes primary human cells for production of cell banks or for use in R&D projects
- Prepares cell culture media and other components to support the generation of 3D tissue constructs
- Assists in the culture and characterization of new primary human cells for use in R&D projects
- Accurately and reliably keeps and updates records including database management, notebooks, and all pertinent documentation
- Performs general housekeeping including stocking of supplies and cleaning the lab and equipment
- Performs general laboratory tasks, including maintenance of equipment
- Follows Good Laboratory Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adheres to all safety and company policies
- Works well in a team environment with shared responsibilities
- Prepares and Maintains SOPs and Batch Records for Cell Core Functions
- Provide project specific support as required
- Works on a flexible work schedule to meet demands of the cell culture core team (weekend work required)
Laboratory Technician I Skills and Experience:
- Previous lab experience preferred but not required
- Experience in one of the following preferred: mammalian tissue culture, ELISA, qPCR, histology, flow cytometry
- AA or BS in Biology, Bioengineering or a related field.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and asceptic techniques preferred but not required.
- Strong math skills
- Highly organized
- Works collaboratively with multi-disciplinary groups in a fast-paced work environment
- Possesses above average attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Exceptionally reliable
- Works independently at times
- Multi-tasks and remains focused to deliver high-quality results on time
- Adjusts rapidly to shifting priorities and variable workloads and works flexibly to accommodate project deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both in writing and verbally
- Possesses adequate computer skills for word processing and data management
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and Organovo retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities, and assigning other activities.
Organovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 858-224-1000 for assistance. #CB