Sr/Research Associate Phage Display Discovery/Optimization
Janux Therapeutics is an early stage startup biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is to leverage and further develop our novel platform for the purposes of innovating transformative biologics-based therapeutics We are supported by leading investors, experienced leadership, and an accomplished scientific team with a shared vision to provide powerful options towards serious unmet needs for cancer treatment.
As a member of the Research Discovery team, you’ll work closely with other scientists, leading and contributing to our project/program team efforts and the company’s strategic goals.
The position initially reports to the VP of Research. The incumbent will be responsible for leading and contributing to our phage display operation and be an active contributor of a team to discover novel therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be experienced with phage display, or similar display selection technology. Expertise in molecular biology, flow cytometry, DNA sequence analysis, and exposure to high-throughput screening for drug development, is preferred. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties critical to our discovery/optimization process.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Phage display selections.
- Screening of phage-selected hits for a range of characteristics, including antigen binding by ELISA and Flow Cytometry, and sequence analysis.
- Cloning of antibody fragments and antibodies into expression vectors.
- Manage and conduct phage display experiments including sample preparation, binding assays and DNA sequence analysis.
- Analyze, collate and present characterization data to facilitate lead selection.
- Conduct molecular biology activities involved in phage display library generation and/or reformatting (e.g. PCR, molecular cloning, etc).
- Assist with other molecular biology activities as required.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure timely progression of research projects, prioritize projects and resource utilization.
- Optimize lead molecules to tune specificity, potency and affinity
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience in drug discovery environment.
- Experience with phage display or related library display selection technique.
- Experience with ELISA-based binding screens, molecular biology and DNA sequence analysis.
- Well versed in molecular biology techniques including cloning, vector design and mutagenesis
- Working knowledge of protein/antibody structure and function.
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity
- Thoughtful experimental design and comprehensive record keeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities within tight project timelines.
- Ability to work independently; proactively address issues and troubleshoot problems.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators.