Research Scientist-CHO Cell Culture
Eli Lilly and Company is seeking a research scientist to join the Biotechnology Discovery Research organization. Our team is made up of a diverse group of talented scientists working to advance therapies to make life better for patients. If you are passionate about the science and want to join an established company working on groundbreaking therapies check out this opportunity.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for improving our existing transient CHO expression platform and our existing stable CHO cell line generation platform. You will be tasked with plasmid/expression vector optimization, CHO host cell line engineering, CHO cell line generation, process development, protein purification and detailed characterization of PQA (product quality attributes).
Are you a highly motivated, independent, well-organized, detailed-orientated scientist with superb communication skills and a track record of working effectively in a flexible, collaborative, multidisciplinary environment? This could be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Some additional key responsibilities include:
- Expression of monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, Fc-fusions and other therapeutic proteins
- CHO host cell line engineering
- Plasmid vector optimization
- CHO cell culture process development
- Protein purification
- Detailed protein product quality assessments
- Close collaboration with multiple partners in a multidisciplinary environment
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- PhD degree in Life Sciences-related discipline
- Relevant CHO cell culture experience required
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Consistent track record and strong working knowledge of CHO cell culture
- Exceptionally strong communication and problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge/understanding of transient CHO expression versus stable CHO expression
- Meaningful molecular biology experience (e.g., plasmid vector optimization, qPCR, RT-qPCR, etc.)
- Gene editing experience (e.g., CRISPR/Cas9)
- Flow cytometry experience
- Media & feed development experience
- Process development experience
- Bioreactor expression experience
- Automated liquid handling experience
- Protein characterization experience
- Extensive mammalian cell culture experience using cell lines other than CHO
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience particularly relevant to this position