Research Scientist - Statistics
How would you like a career where you get to use your best analytical skills to make a substantial difference in the well-being of people across the globe? Bring YOUR skills and talents to Lilly and our Global Statistical Sciences organization where you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of patients.
As an innovation driven company we work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Our Global Statistical Sciences department includes over 300 people with advanced degrees in statistics/biostatistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research and computer science. Our diverse population of global talent brings innovation to every aspect of our business-from Discovery Research to Clinical Development to Manufacturing and Business Analytics. We are playing a leading role in transforming the way the company does drug development using state-of-the-art methods in adaptive designs, Bayesian statistics, genetic/biomarker analysis, machine learning and more! We are working closely with business colleagues on big data problems as inputs to forecasting, modeling and predictive analytics to optimize our business practices. You will be encouraged to identify important business problems and to further your own research interests in these areas including presentations and publications at professional meetings. Come join us on our amazing journey to make life better!
Responsibilities May Include:
As a Clinical Statistician, you will be a leader in our clinical development programs. You will understand the patient and business needs and then design, execute, and analyze clinical studies. Your creativity and leadership are essential elements of bringing better solutions in our medical research. Within Lilly’s culture that values analytics and data-driven decisions, you will be part of the team that makes important contributions to our patients’ lives.
- Partner with experts in medical, regulatory, and clinical trial execution to optimize clinical development
- Challenge yourself and others to be a life-long learner and always looking for better ways to deliver
- Be accurate and creative in communicating results
- Stay current with respect to the rapidly changing data and analytics technologies and approaches
- Be a leader throughout Lilly – speak up, exert influence to create positive change
Lilly is a global health care leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. For more than a century, we have stayed true to a core set of values—excellence, integrity, and respect for people—that guide us in all we do: discovering medicines that meet real needs, improving the understanding and management of disease, and giving back to communities. We also are committed to investing in our employees and supporting a culture of well-being —through competitive pay, comprehensive employee benefit programs, and training and development resources.
We’re doing extraordinary things. Join us and you could be, too!
- Ph.D. in Statistics or Biostatistics
- At least 3 months of applied statistical research experience at industry(e.g., internship or full-time employment) OR academic research centers, outside of PhD dissertation
- At least one publication on statistical methodology in a top tier journal
- At least one oral presentation at a statistical conference
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
- Make the impossible possible in your quest to make life better
- Bring Analytics to life by giving it zeal and making it applicable to our business
- Know, learn, and keep up-to-date on the statistical and scientific advances to maximize your impact
- Bring an insatiable desire to learn, to innovate, and to challenge yourself for the benefit of patients