Scientist I/II, Systems Biologist
REVOLUTION Medicines discovers and develops new drugs that translate frontier cancer targets through exceptional drug discovery delivering revolutionary medicines on behalf of cancer patients. Our innovative science draws inspiration from nature and evolution, which offer insights into cancer targets, disease mechanisms and therapeutic approaches. As a new member of the RevMed team, you will join other outstanding scientists who are helping lead our efforts in the discovery and development of new medicines for unmet needs in cancer.
- As a key player in our biology team, you will:
- Perform cutting-edge computational biology research by integrating knowledge from oncology, immunology and human genetics and support development of novel therapies using innovative technologies and approaches.
- Independently conceive and execute computational strategies to identify molecular biomarkers of sensitivity to compounds, characterize compound mechanism of action, and identify/validate novel oncology targets.
- Contribute to precision medicine plans to support early development of potential drug candidates.
- As a member of a cross-functional project team,collaborate with chemists, biologists and pharmacologists to generate novel insights that fuel drug development.
- Apply strong scientific, technical and organizational leadership skills to the development of lead discovery strategies for multiple programs.
- Establish collaborations with leading academic research groups and CROs.
- Represent REVOLUTION Medicines with external organizations.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Ph.D. degree in computational biology, with at least 3 years of post-doctoral or relevant industry experience.
- Strong track record of research productivity as evidenced by high-quality, impactful publications.
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of computational techniques including genomic and functional genomic analyses, integration of “omics” datasets, systems biology approaches, and public data mining.
- Background in statistics and/or mathematics.
- Strong computational skills in UNIX/LINUX, Python, and R.
- Rigorous, quantitative and detail-oriented scientist.
- Well-versed in wet lab experimental biology and motivated to interface with cell biology, cancer pharmacology, and immuno-oncology teams.
- Ability to translate computational analyses into actionable outcomes and communicate findings and recommendations to scientists and leaders who are not fluent in computational science.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize options, anticipate challenges, and execute on goals as a member of an interdisciplinary team is extremely important.
- Innovative, generous team-player with enthusiasm for our small company environment.