Research Associate I/II
Research Associate I/II
General Job Description:
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our team to help create novel viral vector-based agents for cancer immunotherapy for production and use in the company’s ongoing and future clinical trials. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, performance-oriented and interdisciplinary environment dedicated to meeting research and manufacturing milestones in service to the patients enrolled in our clinical trials. This individual is responsible for performing under general direction, complex experiments and other research activities The core technical skills of the position include: sophisticated molecular biology techniques and cell function assays including ELISA, cell- based potency and identity assays, and ddPCR/RT-qPCR assays. The successful candidate will integrate advice and feedback from team members and management with their own expertise in developing additional contributions above and beyond these core requirements. This position offers a unique opportunity for the right individual to join in the continuing rapid growth of a small “Phase I” company.
Epeius’ mission is to pioneer innovative gene therapies for administration to cancer patients in order to improve patient survival and ultimately to make patients cancer free. Our approach to synergistically kill tumors while activating the immune system to fight the patient’s cancer combined with the integration of novel companion diagnostics, positions us on the cutting edge of cancer immunotherapies and emerging clinical stage cancer companies. We are an ambitious, growing company whose employees are enthusiastic and passionate, respectful of each other, and highly committed to our mission and values. The company thrives on collaboration and since we are currently small, every individual and each idea is important and counts.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Perform complex experiments without close supervision;
- Improve technical procedures and protocols through adaptations and modifications;
- Develop and establish new protocols;
- Report and discuss findings with supervisors;
- Document all experimental procedures, conditions, observations, data and results in either a lab notebook or quality control document;
- Produce scientific representations of the data for documentation and for scientific presentations;
- General lab management including but not limited to equipment functions, receiving and distribution of supplies;
- Monitor and maintain accurate inventories of supplies and notify appropriate staff for ordering;
- Provide technical support, advice and assistance to team members;
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with all employees, providers and tech service support;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related scientific field;
- Highly motivated and willing to learn new techniques;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Knowledge of biosafety guidelines and procedures;
- Excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented with accurate record keeping;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, photo-editing, and others as applies);
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information;
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when needed (early mornings, evenings, weekend days, holidays);
- Applicant is eligible to work in the U.S.
- 2-4 years of lab experience or Master’s degree in related scientific field with at least 1-2 years of lab experience;
- Experience in DNA purification, Western blot assays, PCR, RT-PCR, ELISA, FACS, molecular engineering;
- Experience with laboratory management;
- Research lab experience with good documentation practices and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and independent experimentation in method development and validation;
- Prior experience in an industrial setting.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE AND NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS.