Director/ Sr. Director, Product Management, Support and Pharma Assay Services
Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Inc. (ACD) is a leader in the field of molecular pathology and tissue-based diagnostics. Our core RNAscope® technology is the world’s first multiplex fluorescent and chromogenic in situ hybridization platform capable of detecting and quantifying RNA biomarkers in situ at single molecule sensitivity. RNAscope® is an ideal platform for developing the next generation of tissue-based companion diagnostics. We are committed to continued innovation to bridge the gap between basic research and clinical medicine to fulfill the promise of personalized medicine.
Advanced Cell Diagnostics has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Director, Product Management, Support and Pharma Assay Services (PAS), based in our Newark, CA office. The Sr. Director will provide leadership and execution for products across the Advanced Cell Diagnostics. This person will develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products. She/he will be responsible for development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management. Responsibilities include developing marketing plans and market research, leading new product development teams, managing inventory, pricing, product configuration, customer communications and revenue forecasts. The role also includes managing the PAS Team, as well as, both internal and external Support Teams.
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential. Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing product development and marketing plans, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products. This position must exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and is able to synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conduct presentations of technical information. Around 25% Travel (international and domestic) is required.
2018 June 01
- Bachelor or PhD degree in an applicable discipline.
- MBA is a plus but not required
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager (reagents, assays, instruments), including experience in managing a product line, pricing, and forecasting and supply/demand responsibility.
- 5+ years of managing highly effective teams
- Marketing experience a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
· Manage revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio.
· Update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams.
· Effectively identifies, analyzes and articulates market insight, customer needs, buying preferences and value proposition for target segments that drives successful adoption of existing products and services.
· Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, manage product launches and sales training.
· Work collaboratively with other functional teams across Advanced Cell Diagnostics to achieve corporate goals.
· Lead training of the global sales force, distributors and other key customer facing employees.
· Produces and drives credible WW market-based forecasts for annual operating plans.
· Identifies, establishes, and manages strategic partnerships, including relationships with customers, suppliers, and industry opinion leaders.
· Coordinate the efforts to create, produce and maintain customer support literatures.
· Manage PAS (CRO) business
· Managing Support Team