Senior Research Associate / Senior Scientist, Analytical Development and Quality Control
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Sr. Scientist/Sr. Research Associate
- Develop, validate and transfer analytical methods for new raw and starting materials
- Author analytical method validation protocols and reports
- Characterize new reference standard by a variety of analytical techniques
- Conduct routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials.
- Compile data for documentation of test procedures and prepare reports
- Review data for compliance to specifications and report and investigate abnormalities
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment
- Revise and update standard operating procedures as needed
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- B.S. in Chemistry
- At least 4 years experience in analytical development and quality control
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of GMPs and GLPs
- Experience following SOPs and USP methods
- Practical knowledge of HPLC, Karl Fischer, GC, IR, UV-VIS, and wet chemistry
- The ability to be flexible as workload and priorities demand
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An excellent work ethic
- A working knowledge of mass spectrometry is preferred