Research Associate, Cell Biology
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of a next generation immunotoxin platform technology called Engineered Toxin Bodies (ETB) in oncology. MTEM's lead program, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and additional pipeline drug candidates are being advanced toward clinical development for a variety of cancers. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled Research Associate to support research and development activities. This position will be primarily responsible for maintaining cell lines, conducting cellular cytotoxicity assays and performing flow cytometry in accordance to established protocols, and performing general laboratory duties, including washing glassware, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory and basic laboratory equipment. This position requires excellent technical, analytical, time management and organizational skills, along with adherence to written and verbal instructions and accurate and timely completion of documentation.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Perform cell biology experiments, including, but not limited to: growing and maintaining established tumor cell lines, cell cytotoxicity and viability assays, flow cytometry, in accordance with established protocols and laboratory schedule for given work period
- Analyze data in accordance to established methods
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner, and adhere to written procedures
- Conduct general laboratory duties, including washing glassware, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory (e.g. media prep) and basic laboratory equipment
- Assist with non-complex projects and laboratory sanitization and organization, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences
- Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in laboratory setting conducting cell biology techniques, preferably maintenance of cell lines, cellular assays involving multi-well plate formats, and flow cytometry
- Must possess willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills applied to investigations
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and statistical software
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instruction and work under supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and must be able to stand, crouch, sit, bend, or stretch for extended periods of time
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Cell Biology.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.