This position will be responsible for advancing translational and biomarker efforts for Dynavax’s clinical programs. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with Discovery project teams to translate preclinical findings to guide future development of the Company’s expanding clinical portfolio. Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret large scale data from both pre-clinical and clinical programs including RNASeq, exome and whole genome sequencing, high-throughput proteomics, microarray and multiplex flow cytometry.
- Support the development and strategy for the identification of candidate biomarkers for various programs and projects and other research and/or clinical objectives.
- Work with proprietary and publicly available databases to generate novel hypotheses and mechanistic insights.
- Interact with all aspects of R&D from early discovery through late-stage development as a key part of the clinical and translation efforts at Dynavax.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity and quality, and one that fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration, and team work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in bioinformatics or computational biology with 2+ years of post-graduate experience. Alternatively, a PhD in immunology, cancer biology, or a related field combined with very strong practice and understanding of high-throughput/content data analysis.
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of data generated by next-generation sequencing, microarrays, multiplexed qPCR, flow cytometry, and proteomics.
- High programming proficiency with R and familiarity with other scripting and compiled languages (Python, Perl C, C++, C#, Java) for complex data analysis.
- Practical knowledge of bioinformatics tools and resources, and visualization packages.
- Experience integrating biological pathways and mining data from publically available databases (e.g., Reactome, TCGA, GSEA, GEO, COSMIC, KEGG).
- Strong organizational, written, and communication skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and in multi-disciplinary environments