Patient Support Lead
PATIENT SUPPORT LEAD
Global Blood Therapeutics is seeking a seasoned leader to oversee our Commercial Patient Support Program. The Patient Support Lead will report to the VP of Commercial Planning. The successful candidate will work across the organization in this highly visible position to design and manage Voxelotor’s US commercial patient support. The successful candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality and timing of the deliverables.
The Patient Support Lead will operationalize Voxelotor’s US commercial patient support program by aligning with GBT values, assessing patient support needs, defining objectives and measurements, and executing programs, including reimbursement hub, co-pay, and any additional support programs. This individual also will be responsible for sourcing and managing vendor contracts, and overseeing project budgets. She/He will work closely with several departments including but not limited to US Marketing, Sales, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Community Engagement & Partnership, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, and external customers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team committed to making a difference in the lives of individuals living with sickle cell disease.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and management of Voxelotor’s US commercial patient support and co-pay programs and ensure alignment with patient needs and GBT’s company values
- Develop and maintain SOPs and business rules related to US patient support
- Lead the design and implementation of a patient support HUB
- Hire and onboard an industry leading of patient navigators.
- Manage strategic advisors and vendors in support of the operation, including vendor selection contracts, SOPs, reporting requirements, and budgets
- Support Access and Reimbursement field team needs with strong communication to effectively address their needs
- Define measurement of patient support program performance
- Manage relationship with Commercial Operations to ensure accurate and efficient reporting on key metrics
- Work cross-functionally, as well as with compliance and legal departments, to ensure all training responsibilities, policies, and procedures are met
- Manage daily operations of the service model and identifies areas for process improvement
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry. Candidates must have the proven ability to provide strategic leadership, vision and direction within a fast moving, challenging and energetic corporate environment. It is critical that candidate understand how to leverage and optimize partnerships with other functions including marketing, sales, market access, community engagement and partnership, legal, and regulatory. He/She should have patient support program experience, ideally having built and managed a US patient support program during a new product launch for a specialty pharmacy oral product.
- Bachelors’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred, and a minimum of 10 years of experience in patient support, US in-line market access, or marketing in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry.
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, HIPAA regulations
- Knowledge and experience in Medicare Part D, Medicaid and private payer policies, reimbursement process, Foundations and specialty pharmacy
- New product launch experience with a specialty pharmacy product
- Experience leading and influencing large cross-functional teams
- Experience managing customer facing vendors
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to inspire, coach, motivate and hold themselves and others accountable
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to foster relationships, and the ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skill
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects within specified timelines, budgetary and quality standards
- May require up to 30% travel based on business need
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.