Scientist, Analytical Development
Catalent is looking to recruit a Scientist, Analytical Development to join a growing team in Madison, WI.
The Scientist, Analytical Development will contribute and support the activities of the Analytical Development Group. The Scientist, Analytical Development will be responsible for characterization of protein/mAb samples from the development of cell line, upstream process development as well as downstream process development. This position will be capable of independently developing HPLC and Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) methods and performing daily work assignment accurately and in a timely and safe manner.
The Scientist, Analytical Development will serve as a lead for technical advice and perform multiple complex projects at a time. This position can design new approaches to attack complicated problems encountered during biologics process development and potentially provide directions for process improvement to PD scientists.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, this role aids in providing critical data to support product stability in a timely manner, which ultimately is used to decide on the final process to produce the best product for our clients on time.
- Develops/optimizes HPLC and CE methods to analyze protein/mAb samples to support process development at different stages
- Performs biophysical testing to support biologics formulation development
- Understands and applies method qualification/validation per the ICH guidelines
- Drafts and executes qualification/validation protocols. Writes procedural SOPs and reports
- Troubleshoots and problem solves for analytical methods in order to initiate and execute/monitor corrective actions. Troubleshoots and solves HPLC and CE instrument problems
- Acts as the technical lead for Client development projects, communicates project status and effectively provides technical explanation/rationalization
- Critically analyzes complex data, interprets and integrates experimental results with project objectives
- Ph.D. Chemistry/Biochemistry with 0-2 year experience in biotech industry or post-doc training in protein MS
- MS with 3-5 year experience
- B.S/B.A. with 5-8 year experience
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review & feedback process
- Cross functional exposure to other areas
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidays
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ™
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.