Scientist / Senior Scientist
Scientist / Senior Scientist, Protein Science
Alexo Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company discovering and developing therapies that activate or regulate the immune system. Our lead candidate, ALX148, is designed to block the CD47 checkpoint mechanism and is in clinical development for a broad range of tumor types. For more information, please visit www.alexotherapeutics.com. Alexo was formed in 2015 as an independent, private biotech company located in Burlingame, CA. Our compensation program includes competitive salary, equity participation and attractive bonus incentives.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Protein Science, the position will be involved in protein drug design and discovery research for the company’s expanding scope of immuno-oncology programs. We are seeking a highly motivated, results orientated and collaborative scientist to join our team. The successful candidate will contribute to the discovery and development of novel antibody and protein-based therapeutics.
- Support the optimization, production, assessment and selection of drug candidates
- Independently design and perform molecular cloning, mammalian expression, protein design and protein engineering for diverse protein classes
- Provide scientific support for publications, patents applications and regulatory submissions
- Communicate experimental design, plans, and results for internal meetings
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology or related discipline with postdoctoral experience or BS/MS with 5+ years of academic/industry experience
- A strong track record of research accomplishments in protein design, protein engineering, molecular cloning and protein production in various expression hosts
- Experience in laboratory techniques supporting molecular biology, protein engineering, mammalian expression, protein purification
- Experience in display systems and structural biology related techniques is a plus
- Familiar with employing biophysical methods (Mass Spec, SEC-MALs, IEX, IEF, DSC etc.) for protein characterization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to foster collaboration and the exchange of ideas
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Alexo Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US. Title and salary are commensurate with experience. Please send your resume and cover letter by email to HR@alexotherapeutics.com