Principal Scientist, Immunology
Epeius’ mission is to pioneer innovative gene therapies for administration to cancer patients in order to improve patient survival and ultimately to make patients cancer free. Our approach to synergistically kill tumors while activating the immune system to fight the patient’s cancer combined with the integration of novel companion diagnostics, positions us on the cutting edge of cancer immunotherapies and emerging clinical stage cancer companies. We are an ambitious, growing company whose employees are enthusiastic and passionate, respectful of each other, and highly committed to our mission and values. The company thrives on collaboration and since we are currently small, every individual and each idea is important and counts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable, experienced individual who can direct multiple initiatives and contribute to entrepreneurial thinking; someone who is results- and value-driven and believes in making a difference.
- Help drive gene therapy candidates from benchtop to clinical trials. Support current ongoing clinical trials;
- Contribute to translational research experiments including the development of clinical biomarker assays, evaluation of pharmacodynamics, elucidation of drug candidate mechanism(s) of actions, and development of translational medicine plans;
- Oversee preclinical immune models and design and oversee execution of in vivo pharmacology efforts;
- Responsible for assisting with clinical studies and managing sample assays and data from clinical trial sites.
The qualified candidate should:
- Have a PhD in immunology with 4-5 years’ experience (post-doc counts);
- Be trained in immunology and have in-depth knowledge in innate and adaptive immunity;
- Have extensive experience in flow-cytometry, ELISPOT, ELISA, and in developing in vitro and ex-vivo immunological functional assays; have broad expertise and familiarity for bioassays and technologies to evaluate target binding/competition, signaling inhibition/activation, immune endpoints, proliferation, and cytotoxicity; desirable to have experience with core molecular biological techniques.
- Have demonstrated leadership ability in conducting literature reviews, and proposing assay strategy, design and protocols;
- Be responsible for setting high standards for experimental research and target validation;
- Have the ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment;
- Have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; including for internal and external presentations and high quality scientific publications;
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.